Date: Saturday 30th July – Monday 1st August 2016
Venue: University of Cambridge, UK
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION.
Early bird registration has CLOSED
Registration closes 15 April 2016
The organisers of BIBAC 2016 are pleased to invite you to the 2nd International Conference on ‘Building Interdisciplinary Bridges Across Cultures’ to be held 30 July – 1st August 2016, Cambridge, UK. Building on the success of the inaugural BIBAC conference in 2014, the second BIBAC conference seeks to consolidate, expand and transmogrify the multifarious dimensions, discourse and discussions through a creative sharing of ideas, research, practice and publication. Supported by the Creativities in Intercultural Arts Network (CIAN), Centre for Intercultural Musicology at Churchill College, Homerton College and the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge, Calls for Papers / Proposals are now open.
Once again we offer multiple platforms of creative expression and welcome interdisciplinary dialogues, performative discourse and interactions among educators, scholars, researchers, practitioners, doctoral students, musicians, dancers, performing arts exponents, policy makers and administrators to join us in this truly exciting development in charting innovative directions and new territories in the dynamic field of interdisciplinary arts through cultures.
CONFERENCE THEMES (include but are not limited to):
- The politics of what we do in intercultural and interdisciplinary spaces in terms of the entanglements of power, privilege and people
- Creativities, collaborations and the intersections of Arts and Science
- Intercultural voices from research, practice, and theory
- Transformations through Music Neuroscience Research
- Innovations in Sonic and Digital Arts Practice
- Cultural, Relational and Intercultural Musicology practices: reframed and redefined
- Sound, Sight and Movement in Performing Arts Education
- Rituals of Cultures as sites for learning in and through the arts
We have invited an esteemed team of practitioners and scholars as this year’s panel of keynote speakers. They are:
- Liora Bresler (Professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Education, Curriculum & Instruction, USA)
- Nicholas Cook (1684 Professor of Music, University of Cambridge)
- Chartwell Dutiro (Zimbabwean Mbira musician, singer, songwriter, dancer, composer and teacher and lecturer in African Shamanism and culture at the School of Oriental and African Studies, WOMAD, and founder of the long running INTERNATIONAL MBIRA GATHERINGS)
- Eva Saether (Associate Professor/Reader in Music Education at the Malmö Academy, University of Lund, Malmö Sweden
- Heidi Westerlund (Professor at the Sibelius Academy, University of the Arts Helsinki, Finland)
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 1st December 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: three weeks after submission
- Online Registration Opens on: 1st March 2016
- Early Bird Registration: 14th December 2016 – 29th February 2016
- Registration Closes: 15th April 2016
Professor Pam Burnard, Professor of Arts, Creativities and Education (ACE), University of Cambridge
Professor Valerie Ross, Director, Centre for Intercultural Musicology at Churchill College, Cambridge
For more information, please visit the BIBAC website by clicking on this link here.